The Building of A Brand

Welcome to my blog! I thought it was time that I start sharing my experiences and my testimony a little every week as my family and I go about turning Sophie Grace Maui into something that we can leave to the next generation. I will post new designs and future events of course. But what I hope this blog accomplishes is something a little more personal for those who read it. This is my story of being a Mom, a wife, a business owner and failing to do it all but learning and loving along the way.

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Glam Squad


I recently was blessed enough to put together a photo shoot for Sophie Grace Maui. Don't worry, this isn't one of the pictures. This was taken by me from my phone trying to document the day. Which I later realized is silly when you have a photographer beside you basically doing the same thing.

I remember though that when I took this picture that I was thinking about how thankful I was to have so many talented people in my life. It surprised me when I realized that I already knew all of the people that I needed to help me to put this shoot together. I had met the hair and make-up artists, photographers, stylist and models through the years at different events and kept in touch. It can be really tough to be a small business owner and I think that it is so important to support and promote each other whenever possible. I'm going to mention more about the photographers and models once I'm able to share the real photos. But for now I wanted to say thank you to my glam squad and give them a little publicity. All of my soon to be brides out there, this is for you.

Make-Up: It doesn't matter if you're a resident or a tourist. If you need your makeup done then Camille Kozuki is the girl to call. I met Camille years ago when we were both working for Maggie Coulombe. She was born and raised in Maui but studied at the Cinema Makeup School in Hollywood. She is back on Maui working as a freelance Makeup artist AND STYLIST specializing in editorial print and weddings. In the past she has worked for Vanity Fair, Sport and Style France, GQ Germany, Victoria Secret and on the cast of Lost. Her email is camikozuki@hotmail.com and her website (which is under construction) is www.camiko.makeupmaui.com.

Hair: I met April when we were both pregnant. Her son is just a few months older than Sophie. When we realized that the two were soul mates we decided it would be a good idea to strike up a friendship as well. April is a natural at hair (she's quick too by the way) but she has taken it a step further. She is also the owner and designer of Vakker Blomst Hairpieces. Her small company is quickly becoming a must have in Maui. The model in the photo is wearing one. They are perfect for every event you can think of and weddings too of course! Keep you eye out for them as they begin to pop up in retail location and absolutely visit her online store.
www.vakkerblomstdesigns.com

Thanks to everybody who helped out with the shoot. More shout outs to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment